Tuesday 12 August 2014

Creative Writing Competition Entry - Rahul

The Cube

As the cube rises up from the ground,
The people are astonished how it just appeared before their eyes.
The cube makes a piercing sound that goes through the town.
A boy  goes up to the cube and touches it,

The cube makes the boy's heart pound.
The boy collapses in shock,
And a monstrous barrier blocks the cube from the boy,
The town, and the residents.

The boy's mother rushes to see her child on the ground,
Laying there, motionless.
The mother's scream pierces through the barrier,
And makes the barrier shatter.

The cube spins and shines bright,
The people look away for the sake of their eyes.
The cube starts drilling into the ground, 
And all that is left is a giant mound.

3 comments:

  1. hi Rahul
    I really liked your poem. The thing that got me was the mother destroying the barrier. The thing that I liked was when the boy touched the cube.
    fromLogan

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Rahul,
    I really liked your poem about the cube. When I read the cube it made me think of the Rubiks cube.
    From Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalia and Logan,
    Thanks for the compliment. The cube that I'm describing is see-through, with a bright light shining inside it. Have you guys made an entry yet?
    From Rahul

    ReplyDelete