Tuesday 12 August 2014

Creative Writing Competition Entry - Dorothy

'The Marvels of Krissy Brown'

"Sit still Ms.Brown!"Mrs. Core scolded."I don’t care,”I muttered to myself. I so wanted to smack her across her grotesque face, plus a comback.By all means she was the scariest teacher, no one dares to shout back at her.Not after the incident of Jamie. You’d expect that canes have been past, but it still exists with Mrs. Core.It happened when Jamie came along our class.Mrs. Core loathes Jamie because he practically makes fun of Mrs. Core's british accent every lesson.That day it happened,Jamie got a big smack.His face became bright crimson and the whole class cracked up laughing.Anyway,my best friend Lana is coming to our school.We were friends since kindy.What made us the most closest friends were that we had our first tattoo together.We both agreed to keep the tattoo as long as possible.Even now you can still see it,just a bit cracked up and faded.Despite that,it was the only way we could recognise each other.You see,I’m expecting Lana to arrive at recess,that’s why  I cant sit still.I doodle me and lana smiling on the side of the page.I think hard.Could I have forgotten what Lana looks like?My eyes fluttered around till all I could see was me and Lana. “Krissy?”a faint voice whispers. “Lana?” “Not Lana you silly sausage,Sally”Sally mimicked. “Huh?”I murmured.I widen my eyes. “Mrs. Core wants you.”Sally snickered.I heard her heels clunking across the old timber work.I kneeled down exposing my pig tails. “What do you have to say for yourself Krissy missy?”Mrs. Core amused.I heard in the distant Sally giggling away. “SHOVE OFF”I screamed,of course i had wished to have said that ,but distantly somewhere in my heart I could hear the steady burble of chants that mocked me. “I’m sorry Mrs. Core”I apologised. “I’ll let you of for today,and the last.”Mrs Core said sternly.I rushed out to recess in swift pace.My eyes darted everywhere,searching for Lana’s arrival.No luck.I sat on a bench miserebly .I spotted sally with her geeky gang,being the center factor of the group.She chuckled like a love sick puppy.Let alone,I glued myself to the bench,waiting and hoping Lana will appear somehow.The bell rang alarmingly and we all settled back to class.Out the depths of the classroom door emerged a girl. “Greetings,new girl!”Sally praised.All the rest of the class applauded. “This is Skyla,the new girl”Mrs. Core announced blissfully.My heart sank like an anchor thrown deep down the ocean. “Would you like to sit in that empty spot next to Krissy?”Mrs. Core hinted.She walked towards me beaming.She had eyes of the sky and glistening gold hair,that cascaded in glamorous curls.I couldn’t recognise if it was Lana but she definetly had the same eyes. “You remind me of a friend,”I whispered. “It’s Lana right?”Skyla confided.She rolled up her sleeves,and there it sat.Our friendship tattoo.I gasped silently.We huddled together,hugging like we’d never let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment