Tuesday 19 August 2014

Creative Writing Competition Entry - Isaac

The Portal

I woke up! There was a strange noise, it was coming from the closet.

So I got up, changed out of my pyjamas and walked to the closet. I opened the closet

awakening the beast inside, it was a portal! But to where? I wanted to know where it would take

me so I walked in through the raging dark red portal.

For a second everything went black. Then images morphed out of the darkness, then there was

a flash and hellish features came in. Where am I? That's all I wanted to know.

There was a giant white creature in the sky, so I ducked for cover. I saw a shadow. moving up

behind me , I swivelled and saw a red man about seven foot tall staring at me.

"What do we have here?" said the tall red man.

"I'm Andy Fletcher" I told him trying not to get killed "And I've been teleported to this place

through a portal in my closet.

"What is this closet you speak of?" Said the man.

"It's what you store your clothes in." I replied.

" Ahah, I see your from the planet called Earth, am I right?" Asked the man.

"Yes you're right". I said "And I need to get back to Earth so if you wouldn't mind could you help

me get back to Earth?"

"NO!" Said the now angry man. "I am King Raak of the planet Ursal, and you shall stay here and

become my personnel slave.

At that moment a strong man came up to me and these special gloves on me and took me

away.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Where you deserve to be." Said the strong man.

"You're taking me back to Earth?" I asked

" No, why would I do that?" Said the tough guy. " I'm taking you to the throne room so you can

serve your King."

So at that moment we teleported, it went black. Then we were standing right in front of a giant

gold lined door with two ruby door handles. Whoever this guy was he was rich. Suddenly the

doors were opening. With a flash of light things appeared, furniture, statues and appliences all

made of solid gold.

" All hail King Raak." Sang the choir of people next to the throne.

"How'd you get here so quick?" I asked.

"Why Ursulans can teleport you see." Said Raak

"Oh right, I forgot about that." I exclaimed.

" Why am I here?" I asked.

"I need help." Explained the King.

" But why do you need me, you have all of your other slaves." I said.

" Because I lost something that an Earthling gave me, and none of my slaves know what it is or

what it looks like." The King told me.

" What did you lose?" I asked.

"I think it was called a engagement ring." Raak replied.

"Awwwww. She proposed to you." I said cheerfully.

"What does that meen?" Raak asked.

"It means she wanted to spend her whole life with you"

"Thank you Andy"

"Your welcome."


Whoosh, and then I was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment