Sunday 7 September 2014

Buddies NOT Bullies Excursion

On Thursday we went on another excursion! First we jumped on a bus and drove to William Carey Christian school. When we arrived we went into the hall. There were four schools in total. The lady who ran the day introduced each school and what today was about.

Then we played a game called Celebrity Heads with a twist; the twist was the names were bullying items. On everyone's folders there were coloured dots which showed your group. We watched a video on how this boy was bullied. In our groups we discussed the outcomes and if we agreed with the outcome. Then we had recess.

After recess we watched a video called 'You Think You Know '. Then again we went into the groups and discussed what we thought and what details you can post online. We also talked about online websites that can help children.

Then we played another game called Charade Lines before lunch. After lunch we watched another video showing a kid getting bullied on many ways. We went into our groups and discussed again. Then we watched another video about standing by or confronting the bully. The girl in the video was inspirational as she confronted the bully.

We now see that bullying is a very serious situtation and now know how to deal with it thanks to this day.

This is a bible verse that stood out the most:
Psalms 55
Listen to my prayer, Oh GOD, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am worried because of what my enemy is saying,because of the threats of the wicked; for they bring down suffering on me and attack me in their anger.
My heart is suffering within me; the terrors of death have fallen on me. Fear and trembling have plagued me; horror has overwhelmed me.
At the end of Psalm David says
Cast your cares on The Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. But you, God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of decay; the bloodthirsty and deceitful will not live out half their days.                   But as for me, I trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment