Thursday 17 July 2014

What did you learn at school today?

Every Monday afternoon I ask a student that I tutor - "What did you learn at school today?" I frequently get a response along the lines of "We didn't do much" which I'm certain is not actually the case, or "I can't remember". With prompting (and the repetition of me continuing to ask each week) it turns out that in fact much learning is taking place throughout the school day!

I'm sure this scenario is played out in many homes across the MACC community! Below I have provided a snapshot of what we did today, complete with the learning intentions (the aim that students work to achieve during that lesson), which may help provide you with more specific prompts, assisting your child to show you their learning. 

For example, you might ask "What did you learn about multiplying a decimal by 10, 100 and 1000?" or "What was the mystery reveal?" Students will share their knowledge and reinforce the concepts learnt as they do so. 






No comments:

Post a Comment